Fwd: SDHCI driver for Tegra

And again to the list as plain-text, since gmail defaulted to HTML on
the first one. Bleh.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Olof Johansson <olofj@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: SDHCI driver for Tegra
To: Stephen Warren <swarren@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "linux-tegra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-tegra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Stephen,

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Stephen Warren <swarren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Olof,
>
> I've been looking into getting mainline Linux better suited for developing
> the ALSA driver. Specifically,
>
> git://android.git.kernel.org/kernel/tegra.git for-next
>
> The primary thing I'm missing is an SDHCI driver. I notice that there is one
> in linux-tegra-2.6.36, and a different version derived from that in
> chromeos-2.6.37-rc5.

The one in the chromeos tree is the one I have cleaned up for mainline
inclusion. You probably saw it posted here on the list last week, I
checked in the first version that I posted and will revise it on
future branches as it's updated. Moving the old driver with all its
additional quirks forward was more work than finally upstreaming the
driver.
I'm in the process or moving it over to using the sdhci-pltfrm
framework instead, and will repost a version of that in the next few
days.

> Can you elucidate me on the difference; what's missing or buggy in each,
> which would be best to push upstream, etc.
>
> BTW, I have the version from ChromeOS in my tree now, and it kinda works;
> I'm able to boot ChromeOS without UI with it. That said, I'm getting a slew
> of kernel error spew from it; perhaps because I had to comment out a couple
> SDHCI quirks that don't appear to exist in for-next yet:
>
> SDHCI_QUIRK_BROKEN_ADMA_ZEROLEN_DESC
> SDHCI_QUIRK_NO_SDIO_IRQ

Those are in the chromeos- tree, and were part of the series I posted.

> I haven't looked into that at all yet, but will soon.
>
> [   11.985039] mmc2: ADMA error
> [   11.988087] mmc2: Got data interrupt 0x02000000 even though no data operation was in progress.
> [   11.996827] mmcblk0: retrying using single block read

That looks like you're missing the "sdhci: don't finish commands in
flight" patch from the same series.

-Olof