Re: tape-driver gets confused by concurrent sg-usage

Le Sat, 16 Jun 2018 14:43:31 +0200
linux-tape.pkoch@xxxxxxxx écrivait:

> My guess is that we should not send such commands to
> our drives when they are writing filemarks. Sending such
> commands while the drive is reading or writing seems
> to be no problem.

You should probably have a look at the "tapestat" utility, or
eventually its source code if you want to re-implement its
functionality in your own application. Apparently "tapestat" happily
reports tape throughput and other statistics while (obviously) the
device is in use.