possible issue with CHAP

Hi:

Long time no talk.

I was testing a possible bug in open-iscsi initiator today, and I tried the tgt target for the first time in a while.

My issue has to do with CHAP. I am trying to generate an error by setting up CHAP in my open-iscsi initiator, and not setting it up in your target. I expect my initiator to complain that there is no CHAP.

But to my surprise I’m able to login to the target, even though I’m expecting CHAP. Is this expected.

I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that the initiator and target would negotiate the authmethod at startup. My initiator would say “CHAP”, and the target would say “None”, and they wold fail.

When I try this with the kernel LIO target. it definately complains that it cannot login.

So what do you think? What is the correct behavior?

P.S. Please include my email in replies, as I’m not yet on your mailing list.
—
Lee Duncan