Re: what do these abort_cmd(1324) and abort_task_set(1348) messages in the logs mean?

On Wed, 09 Jul 2014 16:33:18 +0200
Jelle de Jong <jelledejong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear FUJITA,
>
> On 09/07/14 16:16, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
>> On Wed, 09 Jul 2014 16:15:42 +0200 Jelle de Jong
>> <jelledejong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Dear FUJITA,

>>> I upgraded to version 1.0.48 about a week ago for further
>>> testing, I also added a complete new network path, with new
>>> network cards and direct connections, but I keep getting these
>>> same errors:
>>>
>>> http://paste.debian.net/108884/
>>>
>>> Is this a bug in tgtd? Is there some tgtd option or environment
>>> variable that I can set to get more information.
>>
>> It's not a bug. It's just a message tells that SCSI command
>> time-out happens for some reasons.
>
> Can you help me with some more information to solve the problems?
>
> Is this SCSI command time-out something that happened on the target
> server with the storage, my storage is having a hard time with high
> latencies, but I am not having any hardware warnings/errors. Or is
> this related to the iSCSI client servers as well?

Without any hardware errors, a target could takes long time to execute
SCSI commands (e.g., simply overloaded). It depends on your
environment.

You could set a longer value for SCSI command time-out on the client
side.