Re: backing-store options

On 10/03/2013 05:23 PM, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
On 10/03/2013 04:40 PM, Dan Mick wrote:

Yeah, that's always an option, but it's somewhat cumbersome; we did that
for a while with the rbd extensions to qemu, but they were pretty much
universally hated.  I think an option string is cleaner.  But I'm not
adamant.  Any other opinions?  (I have a prototype implementation; the
changes are small and obvious; end up in one new parameter to
(*bs_init)(lu, bsopts))

Go for it it is good for me. (I was just saying)

bsopts will that be a free form string or should we make it a name=value pair
and perhaps a common utility to extract those?

What is the CLI format of this:
	--bsopts name1=value1:name2=value2

How did you implement this, or is there only one value supported?

I was thinking only one value, and I know it can't include comma (the way tgtadm sends options), but otherwise it's freeform. (Actually there
might be other illegal chars; I should find out and specify.)

I was thinking of using it like "-o value --longopt=value" etc., but, as it's freeform, backends can do whatever they like.

Or we could provide some more mechanism, but I figured since I'm the one who wants it, I might be the only one who ever does.