Cannot use password-protected target until restart

Hi,

we are using the stock tgtd on Ubuntu 12.04 (v1.0.17), and we're seeing the following problem, which we previously saw with stock tgtd on Ubuntu 10.04.

When we add a new target which is password-protected, it cannot be used immediately. iSCSI login fails, and from the packet capture it appears as if the target was not found. However tgtd is aware of the new target, and after we restart the daemon, the target is fully usable.

Is this a known issue? If it is, can anybody point me to a fix?

Thanks,
    Yaron