Re: Transport endpoint is not connected

Op 24-4-2011 3:40, FUJITA Tomonori schreef:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:58:07 +0200
Mark Ruys<mark.ruys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

I'm sorry if I post this question to the wrong list, but...

For about a year now I have a iSCSI target running fine. Today I needed
to add a target, so I logged and typed:

$ sudo tgtadm --lld iscsi --mode target --op show
tgtadm: can't send the request to the tgt daemon, Transport endpoint is
not connected

As this is a production machine, this really scares me. Currently, all
targets seem to run fine. How should I interpret this message and how to
get tgtadm running again? I can't afford any downtime, so I must be as
careful as possible.
Hmm, the message means that tgtadm can't connect to tgtd. Usually, you
can see this message when tgtd dies.

But your 'ps' output says that tgtd runs fine. Your initiators works
so obviously tgtd works...

I closed down all initiators and rebooted the server. Now tgtd can be connected again by tgtadm. I disabled automatic updates as I expect this could have been the cause. Automatic updates for a dedicated SAN in the storage network is probably not a good idea anyway.

Mark