Re: tgt-admin behavior with multiple targets and same account name

On 01.03.2010 23:00, Chandra Seetharaman wrote:

Can somebody tell me why it is implemented that way (instead of using
the existing account) ?

I couldn't find anything in the SPECS (RFC 3270) about multiple targets
having the same username/password. Please send me a snippet if it is
otherwise. (Even if that is the case, shouldn't we be failing the second
operation instead of silently removing the old one ?)

It's not defined in RFC, as it is how it's currently handled in tgt-admin (as it turns out, not very well).

I wrongly assumed that if users will be used, they will be different for each target. This is because we can't add another user with the same name; there is also (I think?) no way to change user password without removing the user and adding it again.

So removing the user before it's added sounded like a good way to handle it.

The fix would be to check what users each target have and only remove/update the user when needed. Note that it will be still impossible to have two targets with the same users, but using a different password.

I will post a patch at the end of the week.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org