Re: Problem: automatic vtl setup using targets.conf vs script, failing on automatic

Mark Harvey wrote:

Have you been actually able to reproduce the problem?
Quite simply:

- use the targets.conf I sent earlier
- start up tgt manually, tgt -d8 -f
- tgt-admin -e -v to set up the vtl using targets.conf
- login with iscsi
- now try to get the status of the changer (mtx -f /dev/changer status)

What happened with me is that tgtd dies. I don't know if my previous email, regarding the malformed scsi packet, has anything to do with it. I assume not as when I set it all up using standard scripts it does work (with malformed packets). Mind you, according to wireshark the only malformed packets are when the status
of the changer elements are send back to the initiator.

OK, looks like I'm failing step 1. :(

Yes - you need to apply this patch:

http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/stgt/2009-October/003334.html

If it fails to apply for you, let me know, I'll send you a patched file including all changes.

I didn't send this patch "upstream" yes, as I wanted to know what is failing here.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski