Re: tgtd crash when more than 40 LUNs per target (and a way to reproduce)

FUJITA Tomonori schrieb:
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:49:45 +0100
Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

FUJITA Tomonori schrieb:

I guess that we create too many pthreads per lun. Probably, it would
be better to have some pthreads per target (regardless of the number
of luns). But it takes some time to fix the second problem.
Any news on this?
I'll be hitting this limit (~60 targets and more) on my 32 bit targets by the end of this year and this issue makes me feel uncomfortable :(
I don't loosen the limit yet but this patch should fix the segfault
and deadlocks caused by the target or lun creation. Can you try this?
Hmmm...

# tgtd -f
can't open /proc/sys/fs/nr_open, No such file or directory

You don't enable procfs?

I do, but I don't have this file on my system (running 2.6.24.3):

# ls /proc/sys/fs/
aio-max-nr dentry-state file-max inode-nr inotify/ leases-enable nfs/ overflowuid aio-nr dir-notify-enable file-nr inode-state lease-break-time mqueue/ overflowgid suid_dumpable

I think it was added in a later kernel.

Then, can you disable nr_file_adjust() in the patch and try again?

(...)
lun 40 lun 41 lun 42 <- output from the script

tgtadm: out of memory <- tgtadm output

Existing targets still work after that, but tgtd won't accept any new targets/luns.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org