make initiators "rescan" the device?

Sometimes, I need to resize the device on the target.

Technically, I do this as follows:

lvextend -L+5G /dev/san14/blah1
tgt-admin --update tid=20 -v -f

However, the initiators won't see the change unless we "rescan" the device, i.e.:

echo 1 > /sys/block/sdah/device/rescan

This is a boring thing to do when we have more initiators connected to that target. Also, the initiators will likely have a different device used for that target (/sys/block/<DEVICE>/device/rescan), making the thing even more boring.

Is it possible to send a reset/rescan to all initiators connected to a given target, which would trigger the initiator to rescan the device (and its size)?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org