Von: Mark Brown
Gesendet: Freitag, 20. September 2024 17:14
Bis: Ralf Glaser
Cc: linux-spi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: migration from kernel 5.18.8 to kernel 6.10.3 spidev driver not loaded when device definition in DTS overlay

On Fri, Sep 20, 2024 at 01:24:00PM +0000, Ralf Glaser wrote:

> sorry if you received this mail twice, it was refused by the kernel mailing list and i was not sure if it got discarded completely.

You turned off HTML for this one, but also turned off word wrapping...

> On 6.10.3 no /dev/spidev2.0 is created and /sys/bus/spi/drivers/spidev does not exist.

Well, if the spidev driver isn't there you'll need to fix that...  it

might also be worth trying mainline here in case there are any fixes

that stable didn't backport.  From a quick scan nothing is jumping out

though.  As far as I can see that's the issue, the driver just didn't

get loaded.

> If i however put the spidev definition in the main DTS file everything works as expected:

I've no idea what, if any, special considerations there are around

overlays or the specific mechanism you're using to load them on your

system, you should talk to the DT people about that I guess?  I wouldn't

have expected the use of an overlay to make any difference.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]