[no subject]

I know, I did said that I did not liked for spi consumers to have to explicitly
call something like spi_offload_get() but I guess I have been proved wrong :).
We can also try to be smart about it as an explicit get is only needed (likely)
in the above scenario (or maybe we can even do it directly in the spi core
during spi_probe()). Or maybe it's not worth it to play smart and just let
consumers do it (that's the typical pattern anyways).

Having said the above, I still think your current proposal for triggers and
getting DMA streams is valid for the above usecase.

FWIW, I'm also trying to understand with the HW guys why the hell can't we just
use the spi_engine controller for everything. But the whole discussion is
already showing us that we may need more flexibility.

Thanks!
- Nuno Sá

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]