Re: 6.8 SPI Chip Select Regression

On Tue, Apr 02, 2024 at 04:32:50PM -0500, Colin Foster wrote:
> Hi Amit,

Amit, please respond to these issues - you never replied to the mails
about the other regressions this introduced either...

> [    3.459990] omap2_mcspi 48030000.spi: chipselect 0 already in use
> [    3.466135] spi_master spi0: spi_device register error /ocp/interconnect@48000000/segment@0/target-module@30000/spi@0/soc@0
> [    3.477495] spi_master spi0: Failed to create SPI device for /ocp/interconnect@48000000/segment@0/target-module@30000/spi@0/soc@0

> Is this a known issue? Is there anything I either might need to do to a
> device tree, or something you might suggest to help troubleshoot this?

This is not known, and given that you say there's only one chip select
in use on the system seems clearly bogus.  There were some regressions
with trying to use more than the hard coded maximum number of chip
selects but they have a different error pattern.  It's late so I'll not
look properly right now but...

Do you know what chip select 0 is - if you add a WARN_ON() to
spi_set_chipselect() it should show a prior call to the function, or is
it some logic bug that somehow is not manifesting on other systems that
use chip select 0?  Though looking quickly there has been some factoring
out since that commit was merged...  just to confirm, did you bisect to
find the problematic commit?  If you could show the DT for your setup
that'd help, especially if this is a GPIO chip select.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]