Re: bcm2711 / RPi4 not functional after d62069c22eda

Thank you for the feedback, and sorry for not posting to linux-spi in
the first message.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 4:31 PM Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3/18/2022 5:59 AM, Lukas Wunner wrote:
> > [cc += linux-spi; please do not write developers directly without cc'ing
> > relevant lists]
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 11:54:35AM +0100, Miguel Angel Ajo wrote:

> > [...]
> >
> > Those are transient errors, -517 is -EPROBE_DEFER.  Probing fails
> > because a resource is not available (yet), to be retried again later
> > if/when it becomes available.

Whatever it's looking for doesn't become available.

I have noticed that upstream kernel with the device tree provided by
raspberry/linux
master downstream it works ,and I'm trying to identify what's missing or wrong.

At least to my understanding we should be able to start at least one
SPI controller
without shared interrupt support. But it's not the case for me.

> You would want to check whether you have these two commits in your tree
> as well:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=266423e60ea1b953fcc0cd97f3dad85857e434d1
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=e8f24c58d1b69ecf410a673c22f546dc732bb879
>
> or neither, because the first commit forces a lockstep update of the DTS.

Thanks, I checked and both, the rpi/linux master, and the kernel I'm
working with ( 5.16.9-200.fc35.aarch64)

> The SPI driver does not uses that many shared resources besides
> interrupts, clocks and chip-select overs GPIOs, the first one is
> unlikely to be the problem, and so is the second, thus leaving the third
> resource as a candidate to defer on.

Thank you, I will continue with the investigation.

--
Miguel Ángel Ajo  @mangel_ajo
Office of CTO EDGE team.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]