Re: spi-gpio too fast for some devices

On 01/07/2019 19:26, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 01, 2019 at 07:22:06PM +0200, Christian Mauderer wrote:
>
>> Sorry that I'm not that common with the terms: With property you most
>> likely mean one changeable at run time via the /sys filesystem right?
>
> I was actually thinking of a DT property but yes that too, probably
> would be useful for people trying to figure out the right number.

My experience with the device tree from last time (a LED driver) was
that implementation specific properties are not that popular. A property
that tells one special driver from which speed on it should just ignore
the speed and try it's best to do max speed seems quite implementation
specific. Maybe except if I try to introduce a max-speed property to the
SPI slaves that can be used instead of the speed.

Best regards

Christian

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]