Re: Applied "spi: pxa2xx: Deal with the leftover garbage in TXFIFO" to the spi tree

Hi!

> > > I can't see how, though. As far as I can tell there's no way to just
> > > dump bytes from the TXFIFO. In slave mode they just stay there until
> > > the master initiates a transfer. The only solution I can think of is to
> > > avoid pushing more data there until we're in sync.
> >
> > On ->probe() always start as a master in case of this hardware, drain
> > FIFO, switch to slave.
> > Would that work?
>
> It sounds like it would.
>
> Do you object how this is currently done solely because it's ugly?
>
> Because perhaps it could be done away with completely and dealt with in
> firmware (see the original commit message). The firmware already needs
> heavy patching [1] to bring Linux up; maybe one more patch could be
> tolerable.

Lets not do that. Its somehow late to start fixing firmware at this
point...

									Pavel

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]