Re: Query: spi-nor: dummy buswidth calculation

+Macronix team

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 09:28:11 +0000
Yogesh Narayan Gaur <yogeshnarayan.gaur@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Boris,
>
> I have query regarding dummy bus width calculation for the read commands, added in the patch series [1]
>
> In func m25p80_read(), dummy.buswidth is being assigned as
> +       op.dummy.buswidth = op.addr.buswidth;
>
> Above, buswidth for dummy commands are being assigned and are marked equal to the buswidth of the address command.
> This is true for case when we are doing operation in 1-4-4 or 1-2-2 protocol where data as well as address are running on same data lines and having same buswidth.
>
> I am adding support of octal commands in framework and for this needs to add support for 1-1-8 protocol for Micron flash MT35XU512ABA1G12.
> For octal command, 7Ch, flash is sending data and the dummy on the 8 data lines and address on 1 data line.

Interesting. Macronix is also working on octo-mode support. I think we
should sync instead of duplicating the work.

> If I do below code change, then I am getting correct data else there is data corruption only in the first byte read.
> -       op.dummy.buswidth = op.addr.buswidth;
> +       op.dummy.buswidth = spi_nor_get_protocol_data_nbits(nor->read_proto);

Regarding this particular aspect, I just followed what was done before
the conversion to spi_mem_exec_op(). Maybe it was not correct though.

Regards,

Boris

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]