Re: Single SPI Protocol Driver with multiple SPI Slaves

On Thu, Sep 07, 2017 at 09:03:59AM +0200, Léo Serre wrote:
> Thanks for your answers,

Please don't top post, reply in line with needed context.  This allows
readers to readily follow the flow of conversation and understand what
you are talking about and also helps ensure that everything in the
discussion is being addressed.

> It appears that the solution is to bind the driver to a unique SPI slave in
> the device-tree using a fake CS pin.

> Then in the probe function, assign two GPIO pins to the control the two CS
> of the device.

> I'm sure that solution will work but:
>  * The driver will be written specifically to a configuration (GPIO pin
> number hard-coded)
>  * Requires a unused pin (the fake CS pin, except if it is possible to setup
> the SPI bus as "no-cs" in the device-tree).
>  * Requires do find the GPIO pin number, that could be quite difficult in
> iMX6 for example.

That's going into an ABI so will be difficult to support in future if we
ever do get direct support for this.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]