Slave mode for McSPI

Hi linux-spi developers,

My name is Patryk Mężydło and I’m a student participating in GSOC 2016.

My project is to create SPI slave driver for McSPI controller. I would
like to have my code added to the mainline, so I'd like to ask about a
few details.

Implementation for master is located in spi-oma2-mcspi.c I could add a
patch which implements slave mode to spi-oma2-mcspi.c, but I think that
using a separate driver would allow it to be cleaner.

Moreover, I would like to place the implementation of the driver’s
higher level, which communicates with userspace, in the implementation
of the lower layer, which communicates with McSPI controller. Thanks to
this, I could create a compact driver enabling operation McSPI in slave
mode.

I would like to get some feedback about my idea. What is in your view
the best possible solution?

Thanks,

Patryk