Re: propper support of 5 wire SPI (SPI_READY signal)

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 10:08:46AM +0100, Oleksij Rempel wrote:

> i'm working on a project which depends on 5 Wire SPI communication. It
> is probably identical to spi-davinci.c with SPI_READY signal. Only
> difference is that SPI_READY is not supported by hardware, in this case
> GPIO input is used.

> Currently this project implements SPI_READY and CS on top of spidev
> driver. What makes it really ugly, slow and complicated.

> My question is, are there any better, upstreamable way to implement it?
> For example directly insight of spi framework? Any suggestions and
> comments are welcome.

Unless the hardware support SPI_READY a GPIO is going to be as good as
it gets I think, someone else might have better ideas but nothing
springs to mind for me.  I'd be OK with a GPIO based implementation in
the core for systems that don't have hardware support for it but I don't
see anything that'd be fundamentally better in terms of system
performance right now.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]