Re: spi: tests driver to test basic alignment/length issues via loopback

On 26.11.2015 10:54, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
Hi Martin,

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 7:56 PM, Martin Sperl <kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For complete testing the only thing it requires is  MOSI connected to MISO.
and then it can detect lots of situations:

BTW, with several SPI drivers, you can set SPI_LOOP instead.
This can be useful on boards where the SPI pins are not available on
expansion headers, or where the pins are used for other functions.
I thought of adding spi_msg to the spi_test structure as well,
but as spi_message_init clears all the data in spi_message,
I did not want to take that step...

Also I fear that with SPI_LOOP some drivers may take some short-cuts
copying the data directly without going via the HW, which would result
in testing a different code-path than in reality and thus resulting
in bogus positive results.

Anyway: we can always extend it to include these kinds of things later.
(maybe even add auto-detection if there is a flag for it...)

Martin