From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2024 3:41 PM
To: Kirk Reiser <kirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Domain expiration

Hi there,
Just wondering, how much were they going to charge you?
All of my domain, save the one here in Canada are with gkg.net www.gkg.net.
I spend on average $12 a year,  with the amazing ability to update with them
on the phone.
Even my Canadian domain with bare medal
www.baremedal.ca  I hope lol, is little more than $14.
why is yours so expensive?
just wondering,
Kare

On Sun, 18 Feb 2024, Kirk Reiser wrote:

Hello everybody: I have decided after poking around with my domain
registrar that I'm going to allow the domain linux-speakup.org to
expire. My current registrar wants to much money yearly to continue
with them and transferring the domain to my other registrar is more
work than I wish to put in. I am almost 72 years old and so
registering for any length of time really isn't worth it to me.

I will keep this list going as speakup@xxxxxxxxxx and Chris Brannon
will continue to archive the list. I will also put a link on the
reisers.ca webpage to point to the old sites directory so at least for
quite a while that will also remain.

I will make the switch over on March 1st although it'd be more amusing
to do it on the day of the command March 4th! I'll send out a note
once the switch is complete and hopefully you won't have to do
anything except move from speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to
speakup@xxxxxxxxxx when posting a message.

 Kirk