Re: slightly different dectalk question.

As a matter of clarification: the software and the hardware obviously both need to refer to the same IRQ and I/O address, etc. In addition, those addresses need to be chosen to avoid conflicts with other hardware on the system, which is why experimentation with different switch settings may be needed. So far as I know, success isn't guaranteed.