Voxin In Ubuntu-Server

Hello Group,
I have a VM running of Ubuntu Server, CLI only, and latest version, I downloaded it this year, and the latest Voxin (IBM voice).
I installed Voxin, and it spoke after the install, and no errors.
I rebooted the server,  and espeak was all that was talking.
I ran spd-say, with no sound.
So I ran spd-conf multiple times with different variations.
I tried it with and without sudo.
I always set up a user config.
I tried both voxin and ibmtts for the synth choice.
The only way I got audio from the audio test was with alsa, and with sudo when I started it.
But never any voxin or ibmtts output.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Glenn

A man with a clock always knows what time it is.
A man with two clocks is never sure.
-- A derivative of Segal's law