To: "K0LNY" <glenn@ervin.email>
Cc: "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux." <speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 9, 2023 4:03 PM
Subject: Re: Dectalk

I imagine someone has already asked this, but just in case...which dectalk?
the USB?  an Express?  an internal card? something else entirely?
It impacts the answer to your question.

On Sun, 9 Jul 2023, K0LNY wrote:

Hi,
I dug out my old Dectalk, and I plan on using it in a few different operating systems. I have Ubuntu in a VM that I would like to try it in, and I will also try it out in FreeDOS.
Seems like I would run something like
speakup_synth name
I'm wondering, do I need to install some Linux drivers for the Dectalk into the system first?
Thanks.

Glenn