Re: Voxin/ibmtts with eSpeakup

Hey All, there is a little more progress, but something needs fixin'.
So, on my Debian Bullseye 32 bit, I have Voxin talking with either espakup
or speakup, I don't know which it is.
I am not sure which of the following did  the trick.
I installed speechd-up
but IBMTTS only worked under sudo, and only with spd-say
And previously, I had installed
speech-dispatcher-ibmtts
Which helped, but it wasn't working with speakup.
So finally, I installed just
speech-dispatcher
and now IBMTTS/Voxin is talking with the screenreader, whichever it is.
But here's the only problem,
when it reboots, the rate is really slow, and it repeats:
failed
failed to load speakup
and then it gets to the login prompt, after about twenty times of stating
the above message.
And although I run
speakupconf save
it does not save.
I thought I wrote speakupconf load into somewhere in INIT.d or something so
it would load.
So I'm almost there, but if anyone can hint me on why it isn't loading up
the screenreader settings, it would be much appreciated.
Glenn