From: "Samuel Thibault" <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "K0LNY_Glenn" <glenn@ervin.email>; "John Covici" <covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux."
<speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2022 9:10 AM
Subject: Re: Debian With Speech Installer

K0LNY_Glenn wrote:
> I thought it said press F11 for something on the first screen, and I'm
> wondering if anyone knows if S does work, or you know to arrow up or down
> certain number of times to get speech on this Debian installer.

As documented, s and pressing the enter key should work:

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch05s02.en.html#idm1289

The wiki provides more details:

https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility#Debian_installer_accessibility

K0LNY_Glenn wrote:
> Well I did find on-line something that stated to arrow down 5 times, and
> that worked.

"5 times" will depend on the image being used. Where did you find this
information? It needs to be fixed: pressing s should "just work", and
alternatively, since it is made the last element of the menu, pressing
the end key then the enter key should work as well.

Samuel