From: "Jude DaShiell" <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "K0LNY_Glenn" <glenn@ervin.email>; "Chime Hart"
<chime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Matt Campbell" <mattcampbell@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux."
<speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2022 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: getting audio for Orca and Speakup or Fenrir

What does aplay -l return?
You might try alsamixer then hit f6 and use up and down arrow keys to find
devices.  If you find one you think will work, hit enter and use
right-arrow to move through controls and unmute appropriate controls with
the up arrow and get them up to respectable percentages.  When finished
hit escape to get out of there then run alsactl store then reboot to test
your work.
I don't like alsamixer interface but sometimes you got to take one for the
team.