Re: Getting Speech-Dispatcher To Work

When I did a search for
ubuntu system wide home permissions

I got this as the first result:

<https://ubuntu.com/blog/private-home-directories-for-ubuntu-21-04>

Did you find this as well, and if yes, did you read it?

As far as your speech-dispatcher error, when you run spd-conf, one of
the questions it asks you is do you want clients to communicate
through a tcp port or unix socket. You need to pick the unix socket
choice. Alternatively edit /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf to set
that option. You need to do a

killall speech-dispatcher;speech-dispatcher

or reboot for it to take effect.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net