Did Something Change with an Insert Key in Speakup?

Hi All: I am in Debian SID somewhere around kernel 5.17.1. Usually while output is scrolling, I can hit the right insert and it will stop-and-not resume until I maybe hit that kee again or read my current line. Well, while reading an output of trn articles in usenet, even after hitting this insert, it began talking again. In the 19years I've been useing Speakup, this is a first time seeing this. Any insights please.
Chime