Re: Beware: Latest alsa-utils breaks audio

John Covici <covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yep, happened to me in gentoo, downgraded, I hope  they fix soon.

Interestingly, I'm running Arch and I haven't encountered this issue at
all.

I don't know whether it's related to the audio devices I'm using or to
the fact that I have PulseAudio running.

I'm interested in upgrading to Pipewire, but unfortunately I'll need
some configuration or debugging assistance. When I last tried it, Orca
worked as expected, but running espeak-ng from the shell or using
Emacspeak (which does essentially the same library calls, I think) would
speak the first utterance and then remain silent.