Re: Speakup on Arch Linux

I tried installing a clear archlinux installation using archinstall and
though the installer talked when booted correctly, the installed system
failed to talk with espeak-ng and espeak.  I'm going to try two things
next.
First boot the installed archlinux system and hit down-arrow then enter
during the boot process and see if that turns speech on.
If that fails, the next thing I'll try is to install a new version of
jenux and see if that comes up talking.  I usually go with a minimal
installation (no desktops) since in the past such installations were more
stable for me.
When I tried the archlinux installs recently, I chose minimal rather than
desktop install choices.  Before I knew about the archinstall script, I
installed archlinux according to directions in the large
installation-guide and have braille notes for that kind of installation.