Informing about Capital Letters?

Hi All: This morning I was trying to manually type an url in to a Chromebook, while reading in Debian with Speakup. Normally as in other screen-readers, I would expect to hit the current letter 3times to hear if its capitalized. Only the 2nd will read phoneticly. Can some1 please inform, am I missing something or is their room for an additional option in speakup? Thanks so much in advance
Chime