Re: So, where'd the volume controls get to?

+1 to Kirk. I'm also wondering about volume control and I'm also still
stuck on the old espeak.

Of the two the volume control is actually more important for me, because
I have Orca using the same audio device and need to level the volume
with Speakup. This was always so much easier to do on the Speakup side.

Best,

Janina

Kirk Reiser writes:
> Hello Samuel et al: The latest version of speakup appears to have
> replaced the volume controls with inflection controls. I don't really
> have a problem with this if the volume controls have just been moved
> to another key combination but I haven't been able to find where they
> are now. I may also be out to lunch but I don't remember any
> discussion about moving them or the reason for doing so here on the
> list. Can someone clarify the situation for me please?
>
> BTW, a lot of people use the volume controls so I hope they haven't
> been arbitrarily removed.
>
> IMO espeakup is still entirely brain dead so a lot of us still have to
> use very old versions from back before espeak-en to get decent
> performence. It's just an observation.
>
>   Kirk

Janina Sajka
https://linkedin.com/in/jsajka