Re: Are Their Any Ways of Running ChromeVox in a Console?

Hi Chime,

yes, I happened  to try the stuff provided by Kirk today with his help and could check that it still works (binaries from 2016, chrome from ChromeOS).

It is also possible to use the voices linked to by Speech-Dispactcher in Chromevox installed as a Chromium add-on.

Unfortunately these voices won't work with speakup if you use espeakup. However you can have all using speechd-up. There is also fenrir.

All this said, I wouldn't rule out that your issue can be solved through a proper setting of speakup itself.

Best,
Didier