Can I Run a Speakup KeyMap in Chrome OS?

Well, I got a Chrome Book, installed a Linux beta which is better than Crowsh. While I `love an Android type speech, so-far I cannot get used to the navigation, especially there seems no easy way of a flat review mode. Also, while an external keyboard certainly has a num-pad, the actual unit does not. So considering an interaction among Chrome-and-Linux, can I somehow use a Speakup keyboard configuration in a Chrome Book? Thanks so much in advance
Chime