about old speakup connector

Hey all: I don't know if it's still available, but I'm wondering if the old speakup connector is still around and if it works for software speech. I'm not able to use espeak so I wonder if using the old speakup connector would work. I'm assuming I'd have to compile from source since I'm using F123 Light on the Raspberry Pi. Thanks much for any help on this.
Take care...
Cheereo.