Re: Speakup in Linux Open Source Summit

I am reading this from a media professional and presentational   standpoint.
There were ISO cards that crated extra serial ports, and there were ISO cards that provided speech. Those might not have been the same thing. Further I believe Samuel means the serial port was virtual, from a programming point of view, not necessarily a physical port correct? Additionally, will the talk also address some of speakups weaknesses? that unlike many screen readers common over time, speakup requires the user to remove their hands from the main keyboard to operate? Additionally that drivers for popular synthesizers existing in other programs, the reading edge for example, were never created? Lastly, the is not it awesome! approach regarding how the program was started by programmers who happened to be blind sort of screams generalized stereotype. I mean there are Astor physicists who happen to experience blindness, but not all those experiencing blindness are or even can be astrophysicists. Talking about the people behind this program as if they are a generalized whole does not teach your audience much.
Kare