Re: Getting direct access to my Android machine

Define "direct access". If you want to work with it, like sending commands and such, then yeah ssh. If you just want to access the files on it, which is how it sounds, you should be able to mount the android device as a USB mass storage device. The thing is, you might have to change a setting on the device to make that work. It varies a little depending on what kind of Android device you have.
On 10/18/2018 22:13, Glenn At Home wrote:
I would think that you would want to SSH into it, but I don't think SSH is
usually on Android, so if you went that route, you would have to install an
SSH app on the Android.
Or I think Teamviewer will work on both systems, and I don't know if you can
transfer any files with Teamviewer, but you should get access.
HTH.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Keithley" <mlkeithley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 3:53 PM
Subject: Getting direct access to my Android machine

Hello list,

I have a braille sense Polaris, an Android machine running Lollipop. I also
have a Linux box running Slackware 14.2 64-bit.

I'm trying to get direct access to the flash drive on the Android file
system. Right now nothing happens when I connect to the USB port except the
display of the manufacturer and a serial number.

What do I have to do on the Linux box to get access to an Android file
system?

Thank you.