SpeakUp For NTFS

Hi,
You know, the screenreader companies really dropped the ball when they abandoned the DOS screenreaders.  I guess they did not want to rewrite their software to run on NTFS.
I wonder if anyone knows if it would be difficult for an experienced and interested party to make SpeakUp for NTFS?
Thanks.

Glenn

Lenny/Glenn/N0YJV

"Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now."
Thomas Jefferson

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."
Benjamin Franklin