Voxin-and-Speakup?

Well, on my laptop, I am running an accessible version of Debian called Devuan. Unlike Vinux, so-far I cannot get Voxin with its better I B M speech to run. Says "not supported in this distro" Gregory Novak suggested I write to this list. A suggestion was made for me to change /etc/debian from 8 to 7 to fool Voxin. This made no difference. I also tried installing Cicero, but had errors. Essentially ahead of this coming Monday, I am hoping to get better speech than `horrible e speak. Can any1 please suggest anything, without re-installing from an image? Thanks so much in advance, o its 64bit
Chime