Re: THE ROLILIN' STONE!

That sounds like a intel wireless driver.
if you are on debian, you probably need the linux-firmware package.
you can type
sudo apt-get install linux-firmware
This should add the proper package.
kp

On Tue, 29 Aug 2017, Craig Martin wrote:

Hi, guys,

I have a little asus machine whose screen wants to roll over and over
with the message that it failed to load 8260.bin as a firmware package. I'm using Debian 8.7.1 and the asus is a netbook machine. I did an
apt-cache search on firmware, and it didn't make much sense.  The
machine runs fine under a gnome terminal, and i have speak up installed,
but not called at start up yet.  What's the problem?

Craig Martin

ky0o@xxxxxxxxx