Re: OT installing nfbtrans on Debian

No, make is a general-purpose tool that can do and does several jobs depending on the code in the Makefile. In nfbtrans specifically make lowercase only does part of the dos to unix conversion job. The unzip utility on linux has command line switches to do the job more thoroughly. Had I used the switches in unzip I would not only have had everything lowercase those ^m at the ends of lines would also be gone. Probably the best way to describe make is that make is a tool for managing groups of files.

On Sun, 5 Mar 2017, Glenn At Home wrote:

Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 01:21:23
From: Glenn At Home <GlennErvin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Speakup is a screen review system for Linux. <speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: OT installing nfbtrans on Debian

I'm not sure of the implications of this thread is.
Is Make a tool for turning programs that are written for Windows, for example, into programs for Linux?
Thanks for any info.
Glenn
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jude DaShiell" <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxx> To: "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux." <speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2017 12:12 AM

Okay, termcap is a lib in Makefile and once termcap package got
installed from the aur repository nfbtrans compiled with warnings but
nonetheless created an executable.