Problems using Lenovo Thinkpad T430 with Speakup due to no numeric keypad

Hi everyone. If you have ever used a Lenovo Thinkpad T430 with Speakup, then I'm hoping you'll be able to help. I recently purchased one of these and have Archlinux installed on it. I am using Speakup when working in the virtual consoles.

I'm currently trying to use the Alsamixer utility to set the sound volume, but need to set Speakup's cursor tracking mode to 'Highlight Tracking' to enable me to navigate to the various volume controls in this application. The only key to do this which I know of is the asterisk on the numeric keypad. As far as I can tell, however, my Thinkpad T430 has no Numlock key and therefore no way of activating a numeric keypad.

Could you please advise me how I can change Speakup's cursor tracking mode without access to the num-pad asterisk key? Alternatively, if my Thinkpad T430 really does have a numeric keypad, could you please advise me how to activate it? I've looked through the user manual but can't find any mention of how to do this.

Many thanks,

John Robinson