Re: Speakup on the newest Gentoo minimal cd doesn't works with any boot parameters

So maybe go through the handbook and skip that chapter on building your own kernel and the kernel you are either left with or install from sources will have speakup in it? That ought to make installaing gentoo considerably easier if true.

On Sun, 18 Dec 2016, John Covici wrote:

Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 14:45:01
From: John Covici <covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Speakup is a screen review system for Linux. <speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Speakup on the newest Gentoo minimal cd doesn't works with any
    boot parameters

Depending on what kernel you build, speakup is certainly in gentoo.  I
am not sure about the default kernel, but gentoo-sources does have
it.  I have been using it for 5 years.  The handbook is more or less
still good, I installed one on a vm on the mac a few months ago.

On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 10:04:41 -0500,