Re: Error Compiling espeak

Chris Brannon <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:>
So you could probably fix it by patching the source code and adding a
cast.  Another option is to add -Wno-error=narrowing to $CXXFLAGS at build-time.

Well the CXXFLAGS approach didn't work.
I've never made a distributable patch for source code before. I'll look that up and see if that works.
I'm fumbling in the dark here (ha ha) because while I get the basic gist of what source code is trying to do (sometimes anyway) I don't know all the syntax and stuff.
Thanks for the hints.