enabling hardware synths vy disabling serial ports

Has anyone got their hardware synth to work by disabling the serial ports in grub as the debian wiki suggests? It says to add a line to /etc/default/grub, update the grub configuration, reboot, and you should be able to load the driver for your synth. But it doesn't work for me with my litetalk. It works exactly the same as always.

https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility

John G. Heim; jheim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; sip://jheim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx