Re: espeakup alsa errors

Kirk,

That's a legitimate udev bug.

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016, Kirk Reiser wrote:

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 13:00:00
From: Kirk Reiser <kirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Speakup is a screen review system for Linux. <speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: espeakup alsa errors

I will say that the link posted pointed to some interesting
information. I was having a very similar problem on my Chromebook. It
took a long time to figure out that it was because alsa was trying to
talk to the HDMI and not letting me get espeakup running. The thing
that sort of bugs me is that udev should be smart enough to know if it
doesn't see an hdmi device connected it should ignore it and move on
to the next available device. Oh well. Alsa documentation has always
been the pits.