re: espeakup

Here's the error I was talking about earlier.

Back story: I'm trying to get console speech. Since i can't right now, I'm doing this from a terminal, which reads badly. Once I type sudo espeakup, it'll read the top of the console screen, and the login prompt asking for a username. After that it gives an error which i'll post. I know it's a pulseaudio problem. Most suggest I get rid of pulseaudio, and if that's the only solution there is, I guess i'll have to, but that creates more problems when it comes to having the system rediscover new sound drivers. Long explanation short, it jacks things up!

Error follows.

[southernprince@roxie ~]$ sudo espeakup
[sudo] password for southernprince:
[southernprince@roxie ~]$ Assertion 'p' failed at pulse/simple.c:273, function pa_simple_write(). Aborting.

It should be noted here that the error does not appear until I start to type. It reads the login prompt, and once i hit the s for southernprinc, my username, the error appears. If I could figure out how, I might turn keyecho off, which I wanna do anyway, but I don't know if that'd help anything.

There ya have it folks.